BLOG ALL THE NERD CONVENTIONS! (including but not limited to San Diego Comic-Con and Gallifrey one)
Posts tagged sdcc
Karin’s coverage of SDCC for Tor.com
- Changing the Direction of the Ship: Racebending Panel at SDCC
- “Name another comedy on TV that has this much murder!” SDCC’s Community Panel
- Becky Cloonan Starts Work On The Fabulous Killjoys
- Firefly Fans Make Joss Whedon Cry at SDCC
- Science, Belief, and an Origami Crab: Dave McKean at SDCC
- How Books Can Become Batman: Scalzi at SDCC
- Drawing Wire, Wikis, and Smiting: Epic Fantasy War at SDCC
- Daleks, Dinosaurs, and Westerns: Doctor Who at San Diego Comic Con
- Losing Bookstores, Female Artists, and More: Other Things I Saw at San Diego Comic Con
Pro tip: if you’re not on the kind of deadline where you have to file your panel report as soon as you get out? The early morning lines for the big panels are great places to get a lot of writing done.
Fringe panel out-of-context quotes
Jasika Nicole: At first I said, I can get killed off in my first show, there will be other shows, it’s no big deal. And I made it to the fifth season!
Anna Torv: Her greatest lesson, I think it’s to come … I think its to come, it …
(Joshua Jackson starts to lose his shit, the audience starts to snicker, and it dawns on Anna what she’s said.)
Anna: I tell you what, I think that’s what we need to teach Olivia to do, she’s so uptight.
(Question for the actors about their favorite scene that they’re not in.)
Joshua Jackson: Does it have to be from Fringe?
Mod: Yes, it has to be from Fringe! Okay, it can be from The Mighty Ducks.
Jackson: …I don’t think I’ve had that in about fifteen years!
John Noble: I too am sensitive. I loved it when Peter chopped that guy’s fingers off. And there was that scene where Olivia shot seventeen men.
Jackson: When we stand up from here I just want it to be known than I didn’t piss myself.
Nicole: By the way, Anna and I have read some of that fanfic out there, and you guys are scandalous.